Data Privacy Statement
We respect your privacy and aim to minimise data collection on our website. This policy explains how we process user data and how we meet the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
We use Google Analytics to track and analyse web traffic in order for us to improve our website and provide us with essential marketing data (e.g. number of page views to our site in a month). Only anonymous data is stored and we take care to avoid any personal data being sent to Google Analytics. We collect this data under the “legitimate interest” lawful basis.
_gat expires after 1 minute.
_gid expires after 1 day.
_ga expires after 2 years.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect when you submit your details are:
- Your name and contact information
- Email communications sent to us
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your information to:
- Contact and interact with you, including to respond to your requests which you have submitted and to deal
- With your consent, provide you with information and services including our press releases.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
GDPR sets out a number of different reasons on which a company may rely to collect and use your personal information. We use your personal information for the following reasons:
- For legitimate business purposes: we use your personal information to provide you with the information you request when accessing and interacting with our website.
- To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information: It is important to us that we are able to comply with laws, regulations and guidance, as well as the other requests or demands for data as set out here. They affect the way in which we run our business and help us to make our products and services as safe as we can.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law and where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving Ceres. Otherwise, we keep your personal information where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
Sharing your personal information:
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties to assist with the processing of your enquiry to Ceres.
- Members of the Ceres team or Ceres university Partners or Research Institute partners for legitimate business use
- Trusted third parties such as potential investors
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, when we share your personal information with external investors, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the investors to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information secure.
The transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection may not be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
Your rights regarding your personal information
GDPR provides you with a number of rights over your personal information. You may be entitled to:
- ask us for access to the personal information that we hold about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where Ceres is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- complain to your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information?
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes as set out in the section “How do we use your personal information?” above or that you are unable to make use of the services and products offered by us.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Statement, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact Ceres using the contact information below: